Sunday, September 22, 2013

Reading Music

For my blog I picked the topic Musical Instruments. I choose this topic because I loved learning how to play trumpet and I have been playing it sense sixth grade. Then in ninth grade I thought myself how to play the saxophone in a week then bassoon, flugelhorn, and tuba.


There are four main types of musical instruments Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, and Strings. There is a fifth musical instrument type but its not an instrument that you can hold in your hands its your voice. The human voice is capable of  many amazing sounds, from very high pitch to very low. The human voice can even sound like percussion instruments. My favorite example of this is a music video of five friend who have a specific part in their music from the bass to keeping the beat.


I wont be focusing on vocalists much because I have not taken any classes on singing and I personally can not sing so I will mainly be focusing on the four main instrument types Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, and Strings. But before you can play an instrument you need to be able to read the music. All musical instruments including some percussion use musical notes A through G. Some instruments read it differently like bass cleft instruments and treble cleft instruments but they all play A through G and some even play them both at the some time like piano. Once you know A through G the next thing is beats in a measure, most all music you listen to is in whats called 4/4 time. In 4/4 time there are four beats in a measure and each beat is called a quarter note, this is because each quarter add together equals a whole note witch is one measure long. With this very basic knowledge of music you can apply it to almost any instrument.

4 comments:

  1. Very informative blog on musical instruments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I don't know much about instrumenst and am eager to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty awesome, Have you ever heard of the band Eluveitie? They play metal but with bagpipes violins and many other unorthodox instruments for a metal band. You should check them out :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of the fifth type of musical instruments! lol

    ReplyDelete